Here are some of the measures we will have in place, both within the Swallow Barn and it’s environs, to ensure the safety of us all during the workshop day:
- Each students has their own desk unless you have booked with others, in which case we will assume your are a ‘bubble of 2 or 3 ’ and seat you together, unless we hear from you.
- Handwashing facilities and hand sanitisers will be available at key points, on entry and within your room. You will be asked to wash your hands frequently, especially just before and after breaks.
- There will be several windows open to ensure the room is well ventilated throughout the day. Please also bring ‘extra layers’ if the day outside is cooler.
- Lunch will be provided individually on trays and students can take this at their desks. Of course, you can bring your own lunch if you prefer.
- You will keep your allocated mug for the day , the usual hot drinks will be available and served at arm’s length.
- Please bring a face mask with you. Although, during the normal course of the day the wearing of facemasks is optional whilst you remain at your table, they will be required for walking round and in the event that closer tutor contact is necessary for whatever reason in which case both tutor and student should wear masks. We have some beautiful hand made masks for sale here for £3.
- We have a camera in place that films close up the tutor demonstrations allowing a projected live feed to a large screen at the front of the room. This means all previous ‘gather round moments have been replaced with students remaining safely at their desks watching from afar.
- In some circumstances you may will be asked to bring your own tools where possible. If this is not possible sanitising procedures for ‘shared use’ tools will be in place. Many tutors will provide sets of tools for each students.
- There will be one way circulation with distancing maintained in compromised spaces, including stairs ‘up and down’ for students.
A determined pair of swallows succeeded in raising a brood of four throughout the barn renovations. In the end we left the corner ceiling section on the stairs where they were nesting, which may be finished another time! Perhaps they'll return next year before we do.Please see the ‘Full Programme’ for all of our courses.